Product Data Sheet
Updated: November 2016 This datasheet replaces all previous versions
P-422 NAT (download pdf)
(formerly Permacel 422)
2-MIL PTFE FILM TAPE
P-422 has unsurpassed dielectric strength in volts-per-mil, coupled with outstanding thermal rating and conformability. This tape is perfect for insulating connections in high voltage coils and power cables.
- Chemically inert with excellent high temperature resistance.
- Operates over a wide range of temperatures: 250°F to 500° F/ 121.1°C to 260°C.
- Resists destruction from most chemicals, including acids, solvents, fuels, and most alkalies.
- Economical while still exhibiting high performance features.
- PTFE FILM
- CURED SILICONE
- High temperature capabilities make P-422 ideal for use in the cure process of composite parts, as a release wrap on rollers in paper and textile mills and food processing plants, release ply on molds in the plastics and chemical industries and is suitable for use in high heat autoclave applications in the aerospace market.
- Recommended for use as an anti-vibration cushion, a gasket for flanges, joints and clamp connectors and as a high temperature release tape surface on heat sealer bars and rollers.
- Used to provide a slick surface for the quick movement of materials and/or reduce equipment wear.
PROPERTIES, CERTIFICATIONS AND SPECIFICATIONS
|Total Tape Thickness
|49 N/10 mm
|Adhesion to Steel
|2.8 N/10 mm
|Insulation Class CSA
|Insulation Class UL
|UL-510 & CSA C-22-2
|ASTM E595/ ASTM D2686/ CID-A-A-59474C Type I, Class 1(Replaces obsolete MIL-I-23594C Type I, Class 1)
|BAC 5034 Type IV/ BAC 5157/ BAC 5241/ BAC 5332/ BAC 5548/ BAC 5597/ BAC 5578
*CAUTION: The above are typical values and should not be used in writing specifications. Customer is responsible to ensure product meets intended application requirements before approved for use.
Permacel 422 P-422