FR Aircaft Waterseal Tape and Corrosion Inhibitor
Floor joint sealing on aircraft decking in all wet areas including:
- Other areas susceptible to moisture
- Surface protection
- Sound dampening
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Tough & durable.
- Moisture resistant.
- Flame retardant – meets FAR 25.853(a)
- Allows wide-width usage; can be die-cut.
- Helps prevent corrosion on floor structures.
- Can be used directly over wet sealant.
- Easy to apply.
- Meets BMS 8-346B, Airbus 10-05-004.
- No release liner to discard.
|Test||Typical Value||Typical Value (Metric)||Test Method|
|Total Thickness||9 mils||229 Microns||PSTC-33|
|Adhesion to Steel||50 oz/in.||0.547 N/mm||ASTM – D3330|
|Tensile Strength||60 lb/in.||10.508 N/mm||ASTM – D3759|
|Application Temperature Range||50°F to 120°F||10°C to 49°C|
|Operating Temperature Range||-65°F to 300°F||-54°C to 148°C|
Single-Coated Construction Backing:
Substrate: Interior Grade Aromatic Polyurethane
- Flame retardant: meets FAR 25.853(a) 12 second vertical burn test for interior aircraft use.
- Supplies with FAA 8110-3 form to verify compliance with 25.853(a).
- Meets Boeing Material Specification BMS 8-346A.
- Meets Airbus AIMS 10-05-004.
- Shelf life is 18 months from date of manufacture. Store in clean dry area at +70°F. (21°C), 50% RH.
- Weight: 1.282 oz/sq.ft.
** Recommended storage conditions: 40-60% Humidity, 60°F – 80°F
The information presented herein was prepared at BERRY PLASTICS CORPORATION (25 Forge Parkway Franklin, MA 02038) by qualified technical personnel. To Berry’s knowledge it is true and accurate. However, the information and recommendations are furnished for these products with the understanding that the purchaser or user, as the case may be, will independently determine that the product is suitable for the intended use, and that such use complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The data are submitted only for the user’s information and consideration, and do not constitute a warranty of any kind (including but not limited to a warranty of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose), or a representation for which BERRY PLASTICS assumes any legal responsibility