Flame Retardant (FR) AIRCRAFT CARGO COMPARTMENT TAPE
Printed, linerless, flame retardant glass cloth tape for aircraft cargo compartment seam sealing.
- Cargo pit applications.
- Seam sealing (taping) and repair of cargo compartment liners for use on covering pins/rivets where
high adhesion and flame resistance is critical.
- Glass cloth design resists flame penetration for safety.
- High conformability.
- Easy to install and accommodates angles and turns.
- High adhesion properties eliminates lifting and curling.
- Creep resistance maintains seal under load.
- Visibility of F.A.R. 25.853(a) and F.A.R. 25.855(d) printed.
- Super high tensile strength
- Resists flame penetration for added safety
- High moisture resistance
- Coating protects skin from contacting fiberglass
- Aggressive adhesion to all surfaces
- Maintains seal under heavy loads
- Resists flagging and lifting
- Meets requirements for use in aircraft cargo compartments
FAA - FAR 25.853 (a)/FAR 25.855 (d) Airbus - ABD0031, Paragraph 7.3.2 Airbus - ABD0031, Paragraph 7.4 Boeing - 737-SL-25-115-B Boeing - 747-SL-25-195-B Boeing - 757-SL-5-085-B Boeing - 777-SL-25-037-B Bombardier/deHavilland - DSC 91-8-2A
|Measurement||US Value||Metric Value||Test Method|
|Download PDF / Download MSDS|
|Total Thickness||13 mils||330.2 mic||ASTM D-1000|
|Adhesion to Steel||38 oz/in||4.16 N/cm||PSTC-101|
|Tensile Strength||150 lb/in||262.69 N/cm||ASTM D-1000|
|Operating Temperature||40° to 200°F||40° to 93°C|
|Exiting Time||0 sec||25.853(a)/25.855(d)|
|Burn Length||0.25″||F.A.R. 25.853 (a)|
|Flame Penetration||N/A||F.A.R. 25.855 (d)|
|Drop Exiting||N/A||F.A.R. 25.853 (a)|
|After Glow||0 sec.||F.A.R. 25.855 (d)|
Recommended Storage Conditions: 40-60% Humidity, 60°F-80°F
Standard Shelf Life (at 25°C): 24 months from date of manufacture.
Note: The above are typical values and should not be used in writing specifications
The information presented herein was prepared at BERRY PLASTICS CORPORATION (25 Forge Parkway Franklin, MA 02038) by qualified technical personnel. To Berry Plastics’ knowledge it is true and accurate. However, the information and recommendations are furnished for these products with the understanding that the purchaser or user, as the case may be, will independently determine that the product is suitable for the intended use, and that such use complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The data are submitted only for the user’s information and consideration, and do not constitute a warranty of any kind (including but not limited to a warranty of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose), or a representation for which BERRY PLASTICS assumes any legal responsibility.