High Temperature Self-fusing silicone rubber tapes for cable and harness wrapping.
These include 602, 603, 604, 620, SA1020/SB1020, and SA00520 / SB00520:
MIL-I-46852C TY1 & TY2
(Now replaced by CID A-A-59163)
DMS 2186 TY1 & TY2
GD, LOCKHEED, GE SPECS
ROHR-RMS 315 TY1 & TY2
MOX-Tape is produced from specially formulated silicone rubber. When wrapped with at least a 50% overlap upon itself, MOX-Tape provides a SELF-FUSING, inseparable, cohesive insulating barrier that is resistant to moisture, oxygen, ozone and corona over a range of temperatures from -65°F up to +500°F. MOX-Tape provides superior electrical insulation with a dielectric strength of 300 VPM minimum at 356°F/180°C (Class H).
Three Types Available
MOX- Tape Advantages
• Insulate field, armature and interpole coils in large motors.
• Protect coils from effects of vibration.
• Wrap reclaimed motors by over-wrapping deteriorated insulation.
• Works as a scaling system for splicing and terminating of wire and cable.
• Harness wrapping and wire bundling to meet Class H insulation.
• Insulating coil leads and bus bar connections.
• Underground cable splices.
• Vibration fixture, anti-scratch and clamping pads.
• Electromagnetic coil insulation.
• Insulating and scaling electrical connections.
• Insulating heated transfer lines.
• On-board aerospace and space experiments.
• Insulating in radioactive environments.
• Masking agent utilized in manufacturing processes and powder coatings.
• Applied to rollers for protection and traction.
• Insulating, protecting and sealing rigging hardware and power systems in marine applications.
• Motor connections.
• Plant maintenance.
• Superior, heavy duty repair tape or emergency insulating barrier.
• Takes the place of potting material and forms for prototyping.